These are the things that bother me the most about Christianity, well there’s a few other things but these have stuck with me the most…
1. Why do certain Christians take what the Bible says literally when Jesus never taught anything in a literal way? Parables anyone?
2. Why is it that an all knowing all powerful God is incapable of making creatures that evolve? Wouldn’t making creatures that evolve be smart if you’re god?
3. If God is eternal, why does he have to go by earth days? What would 7 days be to an eternal God? I’m fairly certain that different planets have different lengths of days so if God says something took one day in eternal terms how long would that be?
4. If Jesus is God, how come Christians need to give him their heart? Since he is God shouldn’t he already own their heart if he wants it? What does he do with all those hearts that he receives that he already owns? Do they cancel out?
5. Shouldn’t people focus more on how Jesus lived than on how he died? I wonder what Jesus would think if he walked into church today and saw a replica of his dead body on a cross. Wwjd? Also would Jesus pay money for a copyrighted Bible? I don’t exactly understand the copyrights on various versions of the Bible, they are obviously there so they can make money on them is my thinking. I did just look online, apparently they have to pay the scholars who translated them and the bindings and whatnot. Still bugs me though. If Jesus came back today would he need a Bible to teach from? I then start to get into crazy territory about things being hidden in plain sight yet subliminal enough to not be seen by normal people, but I digress and am not going there. I already found out that you get labeled crazy if you try to point these things out, especially when people will turn their head completely away to not see. Pills make it go away though, maybe I am crazy, who knows. And thus the parable, because plopping things right into people’s laps that they can’t see anyway is not a smart idea. I wondered why Jesus always taught in parables and then yelled at the pharisees for hiding things, then realized that if Jesus were to teach things as they are, they would be hidden because they are hidden and no one sees them anyways. As in dreams sometimes, you point out that you are dreaming to the other people in your dream and they always seem to either attack or stare at you like you are stupid. Maybe I am in a way Christian, but don’t want to admit it.
6. So if God is the Judge, where do Christians fit in the courtroom? This is just my opinion, but I can’t help but think of them as the spectators soon to be kicked out of the court for yelling at the judge on how to rule. Also if the antichrist were to appear today, would he actually use the 666 symbol which all Christians are watching for as the obvious evil sign, or would he instead use something they all adore and would actually fall for? Also have Christianity’s values been so twisted that if Christ were to appear today he would be condemned by the very Christians claiming to follow him? I wouldn’t be surprised if Christ returned as some nobody that is a representation of everything that Christians despise, and he would be gone before they even knew he was here. I can’t help but feel they are all walking right into the pit, led by the church they follow blindly. Maybe I get in so much trouble because I feel the need to warn people, and no one listens and instead they give me pills. Although without the pills I turn into a useless unmotivated blob. Maybe it’s a good thing no one listens to me.
To be fair I did recently get out of the hospital for psych reasons, and being on pills makes everything seem far away, but still these things need addressed if Christians are going to be able to convince others that their ways are best. I am not exactly an atheist, but I can’t commit to modern Christianity with these questions in my mind. God would not approve of me being bored and creeped out in church so why go when he’d probably get mad at me anyways?
Sorry I just had to post this, so it will stop bugging me…. I am allowed to have an opinion. Ask questions and you shall receive answers I guess. I’ll probably regret posting this later, like most things that seem to happen in my life.